Silver Cichlid (Vieja argentea)
From The Aquarium Wiki
283,905.884 mL 283.9 Litres (75 US G.)
35.56 cm 25.4-35.6cm (10-14 ")
7.5 - 7.8
538.47 °R 303.15 K
545.67 °R26 -30 °C (78.8-86°F)
- White Cichlid, Silver Cichlid
- Cichlasoma argentea
- The male has more dramatic finnage, is larger and has a nuchal hump.
- An aggressive fish that can be kept in pairs and they will pair bond. Can be kept with robust similar-sized Central and South American Cichlids, but care must be taken to ensure décor and tank size allows for suitable territories and hiding places.
- Primarily herbivorous and will take most cichlid pellets, algae wafers and spirulina, as well as shrimp and mussel.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Décor should be secure as this fish is known to "rearrange" it's environment, plants are likely to be uprooted. They must have excellent filtration as this fish is a messy eater.
- A large aggressive cichlid. Can be kept in pairs, but it must be done carefully so that the male does not bully the female.
- A large, pearl-coloured fish with numerous small black spots on its body and fins. There are additional large black patches on the forehead, flanks, and the base of the tail. This fish has a metallic sheen that gives it different colours depending on mood and lighting.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )