Red Zebra Mbuna "Cobalt Blue" (Pseudotropheus zebra)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Red Zebra Mbuna "Cobalt Blue"
75,708.236 mL 75.7 Litres (20 US G.)
4.331 in 10-11 cm (3.9-4.3")
7.5 - 8.5
531.27 °R 303.15 K
545.67 °R22 -30 °C (71.6-86°F)
- Zebra Mbuna, Red Zebra, Cobalt Blue Zebra
- Maylandia zebra, Metriaclima zebra
- Males have a pointed dorsal and caudal fin while females have a rounded dorsal and caudal fin.
- Must be kept in semi-aggressive Mbuna Cichlid set ups only. Males Zebras will be highly aggressive towards their own species therefore keep one male Zebra to a tank with several females.
- Best fed high quality Cichlid pellets as well as brine shrimp, mosquito larvae as well as algae wafers and vegetable based foods.
- Feed twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious well filtered tank with rocky décor.
- A typical semi-aggressive Mbuna Cichlid.
- Several colour morphs occur depending on where the fish has been located from within the lake. Some are pale yellow to bright red, some are blue and not all have the vertical bars giving it it's "zebra" name. Albino variations are available also.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )