From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Zoanthids, Zoos, Zoanthid Polyps, Sea Mats, Button Polyps
- Will sting neighbouring coral.
- Zoanthids contain a symbiotic algae called zooxanthellae and are therefore photosynthetic. They will benefit, however, from occasional feedings of microplankton.
- Only occasional feedings are necessary as they are photosynthetic corals.
- Is sold as a "frag" that is easily placed into the tank. Provide it with space to grow as it will sting neighbouring coral. Their placement should be planned carefully. Needs a moderate flow to move water with poisons away to be cleaned out of the water. Zoanthus or "Zoas" will live under a varity of lighting conditions, however, for their colors to remain bright and vivid they should be placed in a region of 200 to 400 PAR.
- Poisonous, ALWAYS wear gloves when handling this coral.
- An attractive and popular colourful colony coral. They are available in a variety of colours including green, tan, pink, brown and orange.