Hog-Nosed Brochis (Brochis multiradiatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
132,489.412 mL 132.5 Litres (35 US G.)
10.16 cm 7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
6.0 - 7.2
529.47 °R 297.15 K
534.87 °R21 -24 °C (69.8-75.2°F)
- Hog-Nosed Brochis, Hognosed Brochis, Hognose Brochis, Long-Finned Brochis
- Chaenothorax multiradiatus
- Males tend to have pointier pectoral and dorsal fins. Females are usually 'fatter'.
- Peaceful and suitable for community tanks with peaceful fish of similar size. Best kept in shoals of 6 or more.
- Will eat sinking live and frozen foods as well as catfish tablets or pellets.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with hiding places and a large footprint, they also prefer a tank with at least 18" height, so tall tanks are ideal.
- Brochis and Corydoras species are shoaling fish and should be kept in groups of at least 3-4 or more.
- Looks similar to Corydoras species. Usually has more rays (15-28) on it's dorsal and a longer snout then a Cory. Colour may be dull grey, blueish, or metallic green. Adults have clear fins.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )