African Bullhead (Lophiobagrus cyclurus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
94,635.295 mL 94.6 Litres (25 US G.)
3.15 in 7-8 cm (2.8-3.1")
7.5 - 8.0
533.07 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
- Tanganyikan Catfish, African Bullhead
- Chrysichthys cyclurus, Lophiobagrus lestradei
- Difficult to visually sex.
- Does best in a Tanganyikan set up without fish that may bully it. It may eat smaller fish and will eat any invertebrates.
- Prefers a predominantly meaty diet with sinking catfish wafers, bloodworm, daphnia and ghost shrimp. May occasionally accept vege based foods.
- Feed once or twice a day, best fed with the tank lights off.
- Requires a spacious well filtered tank with hiding places among rocks. Prefers alkaline conditions.
- A nocturnal catfish, will spend the majority of the day time hidden.
- A fairly chunky looking catfish with a cylindrical body, large mouth and fairly thick barbels. It's body is olive-red brown in colour with a pale belly. A white morph (not albino) has been seen.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )