Strawberry Fish (Pseudochromis porphyreus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
56,781.177 mL 56.8 Litres (15 US G.)
7.62 cm 5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.5
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Strawberry Fish, Strawberry Pseudochromis, Purple Pseudochromis, Magenta Dottyback, Purple Dottyback
- Pictichromis porphyrea
- These fish can change sex from female to male, but not the other way nor back again.
- Pretty but aggressive fish. Keep with larger fish only, smaller fish will be terrorised, including fish of the same species or similar looking. Will also attack shrimp, keep with armoured crustaceans only.
- These fish can be difficult to feed when initially introduced to a tank, but can be encouraged to live/frozen foods such as artemia or mysis shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish requires plenty of hiding places in live rock, this is where it feels most secure. The tank should be mature and have stable water quality.
- A small yet aggressive and territorial fish.
- A small slender fish with a vivid violet coloured body, clear fins and blue around the eyes
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )