Indawgyi Stream Catfish (Akysis prashadi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Indawgyi Stream Catfish
38 Litres (10 US G.)
5.1-6.1cm (2-2.4 ")
6.4 - 7.2
15.6-21.7°C (60 -71 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Indawgyi Stream Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Akysis variegatus variegatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Very small fish (such as fry) will be eaten.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will most likely not take prepared food but should take any frozen or live food.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Likes to burrow into the sand with only their barbels sticking out.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Often confused with Akysis hendricksoni, but A. prashadi has a narrower head, narrower set eyes, and smaller body. Colour is brownish tan with small brown spots on head. Larger dark brown or blackish spots are found on the main body.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )