Rio Madeira Apistogramma (Apistogramma sp. "Rio Madeira")
From The Aquarium Wiki
Apistogramma sp. "Rio Madeira"
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
5.5 - 6.0
22.8-25.6°C (73 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males will have more vibrant colouration.
- They will generally be peaceful towards other species, keep only one male to tank, with one or two female companions.
- Will accept most meaty foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Mature tanks with acidic water only as this fish is sensitive to water parameters. Does best with dark substrate and dense planting as well as caves provided in bogwood and rocks.
- Generally peaceful mid-bottom swimmer, males can be territorial.
- A small and oval-shaped dwarf Cichlid that is generally pale pinkish-orange in base colour with a bold dark lateral line.