Rio Madeira Apistogramma (Apistogramma sp. "Rio Madeira")
From The Aquarium Wiki
Apistogramma sp. "Rio Madeira"
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
5.5 - 6.0
22.8-25.6°C (73 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males will have more vibrant colouration.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- They will generally be peaceful towards other species, keep only one male to tank, with one or two female companions.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most meaty foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Mature tanks with acidic water only as this fish is sensitive to water parameters. Does best with dark substrate and dense planting as well as caves provided in bogwood and rocks.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Generally peaceful mid-bottom swimmer, males can be territorial.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small and oval-shaped dwarf Cichlid that is generally pale pinkish-orange in base colour with a bold dark lateral line.