Silver Distichodus (Distichodus affinis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
15-20 cm (5.9-7.9")
6.0 - 8.0
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
- Silver Distichodus, Redfin African Barb
Additional scientific names
- Distichodus abbreviatus
- Central Africa - Lower Congo and Central Congo basin.
- Not known, expect that mature females will appear rounder in the belly.
- A peaceful fish that needs company of its own, keep in groups of 5 or more. Will cohabit with other placid fish from from Central or West Africa.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake, as well as vegetable based foods and live/frozen foods. Will nibble on aquatic plants.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Appreciate a well filtered spacious tank (120 x 30 x 45cm/48" x 12" x 18") decorated with large river-worn pebbles and bogwood. Not planted tank compatible, will eat plants, keep only with hardy plants such as java fern. Adaptable to most water parameters, but avoid the extremes.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- An elongate and heavy-set fish that is silver in colour with a high, almost humped, back. Black colouration is evident in the dorsal fin and at the base of the forked caudal fin, all other fins are clear.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )