Ahl's Rummy Nose Tetra (Hemigrammus rhodostomus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Ahl's Rummy Nose Tetra
76 Litres (20 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
6.0 - 7.5
22.2-26.1°C (72 -79 °F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are slightly more full around the belly, but no other visual differences.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling community fish, keep in groups of 4 or more. Will live with other community fish such as Corydoras.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will eat most foods including pellets, flake, live and frozen foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a well planted tank with open swimming space. Looks visually stunning against a back drop of healthy green plants.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Shoaling and peaceful, will be contented and active if kept in a larger group.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Striking elongated silver body with a black, yellow and white barred tail and the tip of the nose back to the eyes is coloured a vivid red, giving the fish it's common name. Looks very similar to the Hemigrammus bleheri and the two may be marketed under the same common name, the H. bleheri is slightly smaller in size. It is also different from H. bleheri as the red colouration on H. rhodostomus does not extend past the gill plate, whereas it does on H. bleheri.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )