Marbled Pim (Leiarius marmoratus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
568 Litres (150 US G.)
63.5-78.7cm (25-31 ")
5.8 - 7.4
20.6-25°C (69 -77 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Achara Catfish, Marbled Pim, Marble Catfish, Marbled Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Sciades marmoratus
- Difficult to sex visually, females are said to be more heavily set than more slender males.
- A very large growing fish that will eat anything that fits in its very large mouth. Best kept with similar-sized fish in very large aquaria, such as Oxydoras niger and large Characins or South American Cichlids.
- Can be mistaken for Perrunichthys perruno which is far less common than this fish. The fish are identical in terms of colouration although P. perruno has 8 (1 hard and 7 soft) dorsal fin rays, Leiarius has 10 or 11.
- The Leiarius is a chunky catfish with a broad head and large mouth with three sets of barbels. It is brown in colour with large darker spots.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )