Chipokae Mbuna (Melanochromis chipokae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
10-12 cm (3.9-4.7")
7.3 - 8.5
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Chipokae Mbuna, Malawi Pike Cichlid
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Adult males are black with blue with yellow on the tail while females are yellow and black.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- These are very aggressive Mbuna Cichlids. It is best to keep one male with several females in a species tanks. Two males will fight.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- They are cave dwellers so numerous shelves,caves and or hiding places are recommended.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- These fish mainly occupy the middle/bottom of the tank and will occupy caves here.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )