Tenuis Tetra (Mimagoniates lateralis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
38 Litres (10 US G.)
3-4 cm (1.2-1.6")
5.5 - 6.5
19 -22 °C (66.2-71.6°F)
- Tenuis Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Coelurichthys lateralis, Coelurichthys tenuis, Mimagoniates tenuis
- Females may appear plumper than males.
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful non-predatory tank mates.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious mature tank with excellent filtration as well as hiding places.
- A peaceful active shoaling fish.
- A small elongate fish with transparent fins and a silver body with a bold black lateral line running from the nose to just behind the dorsal, where it dramatically widens to the caudal peduncle.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )