Cuban Cichlid (Nandopsis tetracanthus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
25.4-30.5cm (10-12 ")
7.0 - 8.0
24.4-25.6°C (76 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Biajaca, Cuban Cichlid
Additional scientific names
- Cichlasoma tetracanthus
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Hail from rivers and lakes in Cuba, near heavy vegetation, also seen in mouths of brackish waters
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature males are larger than mature females and have more vivid colouration.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A highly aggressive Cichlid best kept in species tanks.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once to twice daily.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Aggressive but reclusive unless spawning, will try to engage in a fight with any Cichlid that it feels threatened by. Owner responsive to an extent.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Short and thick bodied, dark black markings, iridescent markings on the body, especially on the male.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )