One-Lined African Characin (Nannaethiops unitaeniatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
One-Lined African Characin
76 Litres (20 US G.)
4.6-6.6cm (1.8-2.6 ")
6.5 - 7.5
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- One-Lined African Characin, Oneline Tetra
- Sexually mature males are smaller and more brightly coloured than the females.
- An easy-going fish that should be compatible with similar-sized peaceful community fish. Avoid anything with long fancy fins though as they may be fin-nipped. Should be kept in groups of at least 6.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and brine shrimp. They have a small mouth so need fine granule foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Appreciates a spacious tank with dense planting and plenty of hiding places. Prefers subdued lighting. Does best in acidic water.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- An attractive little silver-coloured fish with a bold black lateral line with a band of iridescence above this.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )