Three-Spot Tetra (Odontostilbe kriegi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
95 Litres (25 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
6.0 - 7.5
22 -28 °C (71.6-82.4°F)
- Three-Spot Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Serrapinnus kriegi, Cheirodon kriegi
Origin[edit | edit source]
- South America: Paraguay River basin.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females will appear fuller in the belly than the males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more, preferably over 10 individuals, with other peaceful community fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish prefers densely planted tanks with some open swimming space. They are sensitive to water conditions so should be kept in mature tanks with regular water changes. Prefers acidic water.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful and shoaling community fish, mainly swimming in the mid-section of the water column.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small and slender fish with similar body shape to the well known Neon Tetra, however, the body is entirely iridescent silver in colour, the base of the caudal fin is black with white edging, the rest of the fins are clear.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )