Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
132 Litres (35 US G.)
15-17 cm (5.9-6.7")
8.1 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Maroon Clownfish, Spinecheek Clownfish
Additional scientific names
- Chaetodon biaculeatus, Holocentrus sonnerat, Lutianus trifasciatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males will be smaller and darker than the female, all clownfish are born males and the dominant one will become female.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Aggressive, female will harass any fish that comes into its territory. The male will be more passive. Reef safe
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will take most kinds of marine food including live foods such as krill and flake.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Associated with the anemone Entacmaea quadricolor.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Typical oval Clownfish shape. Has a distinctive prominent preopercular spine that extends across the head-bar. It has three slender vertical white bands, one over the head, one down the centre of the body and one on the caudal peduncle. Juveniles and males bright red, females become maroon to nearly black.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )