Squareback Anthias (Pseudanthias pleurotaenia)
From The Aquarium Wiki
227 Litres (60 US G.)
12.7-20.3cm (5-8 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Squarespot Anthia, Squareblock Anthia, Squareback Anthia, Mirror Anthia, Square Box Anthia, Square-Spot Anthia, Square-Spot Fairy Basslet
- Anthias species all share the trait of being hermaphroditic. If a dominant male perishes, the largest female of the group will often morph to take its place. Males are more vivid in colour, females lack the square marking on the flanks.
- These fish should be kept one male to two females minimum, best kept in a species tank as they may act aggressively towards other species of fish.
- These fish will accept most meaty foods including mysis shrimp, ghost shrimp and other meaty treats.
- Feed once a day.
- A deep reef species, this fish does not like light so it's environment should be adjusted as so. They appreciate lots of hiding places.
- These fish can be territorial and aggressive, mostly the males. If kept in bright light conditions they will be shy and their colours will be pale.
- Varies greatly in colour. Gets it's common name from the square spot on the centre of it's flanks. This spot can vary in size, usually shines blue in light.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )