Gold Tetra (Rachoviscus crassiceps)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3-3.9 cm (1.2-1.5")
5.6 - 7.2
20 -25 °C (68-77°F)
- Mature females will have a fuller belly and are smaller than males. he males have hooklets and white edged fins.
- Must be kept in the company of its own in groups of 8 or more. These are generally peaceful fish that should be kept with equally peaceful similar sized fish such as Dwarf Gouramis and Corydoras.
- Will take most foods including pellets and flake, as well as live/frozen foods such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Likes a spacious tank with some dense planting with hiding places and open swimming space. Dark coloured substrate really brings out their colouration and they don't appreciate bright lighting.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- The Gold Tetras are typical Tetra in shape and have a rounded blunt snout. The colouration of this fish is tan or gold, and is glittered with many gold flecks that reflect in the light.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )