From The Aquarium Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Should we merge bogwood and driftwood? they are basically the same and are used the same way in fishkeeping. -- Tash

A better word

Hmm I don't know. In my chats with Americans on forums, they often asked if I mean driftwood when I talked about bogwood.

In Scotland we talk about bogwood but we don't really mean that it came out of a bog. It's became a generic word.

In any case 99% of wood you get in an aquarium shop is just harvested sandblasted dried wood so technically it's neither of these words. We really need a better word. ;-)

Call the article 'Decorative wood' and name the various types? :-)

--Quatermass 10:01, 30 January 2009 (UTC)