Small-Scaled Archer (Toxotes microlepis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
15.2-20.3cm (6-8 ")
7.0 - 7.5
21.1-26.7°C (70 -80 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Small-Scaled Archer, Smallscale Archer, Freshwater Archerfish
- Found in the Mekong and Chao Phraya basins, Malay Peninsula, Sumatra and Borneo.
- These fish are not possible to visually sex.
- A generally peaceful fish.
- Requires a meaty diet and should readily accept things such as wingless fruit flies, mealworms, bloodworm and small shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a spacious tank with a secure lid and floating plants as they do not like bright lights.
- A peaceful fish that hides in vegetation waiting to shoot down prey.
- It was once rare in the trade (probably as bycatch), but it's becoming more available.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )