Banded Pimelodid (Synodontis clarias)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Banded Pimelodid)
284 Litres (75 US G.)
33-38.1cm (13-15 ")
6.5 - 7.5
21 -24 °C (69.8-75.2°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Banded Pimelodid, Red Tailed Syno, Red-Tail Synodontis
Additional scientific names
- Pimelodus clarias clarias, Pimelodus synodontes, Pimelodus synodontis, Silurus callarias, Silurus clarias, Synodontis macrodon
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Should be kept with semi-aggressive species that are of similar size, very small fish may be eaten.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- An omnivorous fish that will take most foods including live/frozen foods and pellet and flake.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A fairly typically shaped Synodontis with a relatively short body and high back, this individual is characterised by its red caudal fin, the rest of the body being dark grey with some spotting.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )