Beadlet Anemone (Actinia equina)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Beadlet Anemone)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Beadlet Anemone, Red Anemone
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This anemone can be territorial towards other anemones and sting both other anemones and soft corals. It can eat small fish and inverts also. Keep this anemone with caution.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Carnivore: shrimps, fish, crabs and other small creatures it can catch, it also needs light to produce zooxanthellae.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Two to three times a week in captivity. In the wild it catches it food in the tidal zone.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Shore and tidal zone, rocky substrate, and on stones in the literal zone.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Generally peaceful, but might sting other small corals and catch small fish and crayfish and eat them.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Red body and tentacles, with blue knobs around the mouth.