Rosy Tetra (Hyphessobrycon rosaceus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Bentosi Tetra)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3-4.1cm (1.2-1.6 ")
5.8 - 7.5
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Rosy Tetra, Bentosi Tetra, White-Tip Tetra, Ornate Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Hyphessobrycon bentosi rosaceus, Cheirodon troemneri, Hyphessobrycon ornatus
Origin[edit | edit source]
- South America: Essequibo, Corantijn and Suriname River basins.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are fuller in the belly than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful community fish best kept in groups of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish but avoid slow-moving long-finned tank mates in case of fin nipping.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious tank with some dense planting and hiding places as well as open swimming space.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- An active peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Similar in body shape to the Black Widow Tetra, but with different colouring. The body is a red-orange colour, the dorsal is black, the anal fin is mostly clear but edged in black with the tip in red and white. The two pelvic fins are also edged with red and tipped with white. The caudal fin is mostly clear, but edged with black and has a red band on either lobe.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )