Stiktos Betta (Betta stiktos)
38 Litres (10 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
6.0 - 8.0
15.6-21.1°C (60 -70 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Found in the Mekong drainage in Cambodia.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are more colourful than females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful Betta which can be housed in male/female pairs or in species tanks, although multiple males will be territorial towards one another so need a lot of cover and hiding places. For a species tank with a group they should be kept in no smaller than 114 Litres (30 US G.).
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Feed meaty foods such as bloodworm.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day. It's recommended to skip a day once a week.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a well planted tank with hiding places with things such as rockwork and bogwood.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful mostly, will occasionally nip, but it's more for show, and doesn't do any real damage.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Colouration is more intense than the similar Malaysian Betta imbellis.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )