Electric Blue Hermit Crab (Calcinus elegans)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blue Knuckle Hermit Crab)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Electric Blue Hermit Crab
114 Litres (30 US G.)
2.5-5.1cm (1-2 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Blue Knuckle Hermit Crab, Electric Blue Hermit Crab, Electric Leg Hermit Crab, Halloween Hermit Crab
- Can be aggressive towards snails.
- Part of the clean-up crew, it will eat many kinds of algae and sift the sand. Its diet can be supplemented with dried seaweed.
- How often to feed, etc.
- Needs an SG of 1.023-1.025.
- Blue legs striped with black bands. Long eye stalks, lower half blue, upper half orange. Bright orange antennae. A colour variant of this species can be found in the Hawaiian Islands. It sports black and orange legs instead of the normal black and blue legs. This variation is commonly known as the "Halloween Hermit".