Brunei Beauty (Betta macrostoma)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Brunei Beauty)
45 Litres (12 US G.)
10-11 cm (3.9-4.3")
6.5 - 7.5
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Brunei Beauty, Spotfin Betta
- Asia: Borneo.
- Males are more vivid in colour. These are mouth-brooding Bettas, the male holds the eggs until they hatch.
- A reasonably peaceful Betta, best kept in breeding pairs in species tanks.
- Will accept most foods including pellet, flake, bloodworm, daphnia and brine shrimp. May or may not wean on to dried foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a spacious tank with plenty of hiding places. Does not appreciate a strong current. Substrate preferred should be as close to their natural habitat as possible with gravel and leaf litter, together with bogwood and stone décor.
- A peaceful if somewhat shy Betta, males can be territorial towards one another when breeding.
- A long slender body, the male is vivid red in colour with a black, yellow and red banded caudal fin. The dorsal fin is speckled with white spots. He has a black vertical black band behind the gill plate and a black jaw. The female is much paler in colour, often with two black horizontal lines running the length of the body, these will be more vivid when the fish is stressed.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )