Pygmy Cherub Angelfish (Centropyge argi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Cherub Angelfish)
Pygmy Cherub Angelfish
114 Litres (30 US G.)
6.4-7.6cm (2.5-3 ")
8.1 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Pygmy Cherub Angelfish, Cherubfish, Atlantic Pygmy Angelfish, Cherub Angelfish
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Caribbean, coral and rock rubble area with lots of caves and crannies.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Not reef safe, will nip at large stony corals as well as clam mantles. It is also quite aggressive and should not be housed with other Angelfish, males will fight to the death. Bonded pairs can work however.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will readily accept most frozen and prepared foods. It is best to feed frozen mysis shrimp and spirulina algae if the Cherub Angelfish is not kept in a well established aquarium.
- Omnivore. Spirulina, marine algae, dried algae (nori), filamentous algae in tank, flake and frozen foods for herbivores, and eventually most any food including those for carnivores. Allow for some algae growth on live rock for the fish to pick at because it can make up a large part of its diet. Will also feed off of tank detritus.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- No smaller than 76 Litres (20 US G.) with over 114 Litres (30 US G.) preferred with numerous hiding places among the live rock
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful, except with other Dwarf Angels Cherub angels are semi aggressive and do not get along with other dwarf angels. Smallest territory in the wild would be close to the size of a 208 Litres (55 US G.) tank. They can sometimes be shy when first introduced to a new tank. Some species can spend ¼ to ½ of their time hidden in the rocks. They will quickly dart in among the rocks if disturbed. Should be the last fish introduced into the tank.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This fish has a blue/sapphire blue body with yellow/orange face.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )