Flame Tetra (Hyphessobrycon flammeus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Flame Tetra)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
5.5 - 7.3
22.8-27.8°C (73 -82 °F)
- Flame Tetra, Red Tetra, Von Rio Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Hyphessobrycon rubrostigma, Hyphessobrycon callistus rubrostigma
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are more brightly coloured with slightly more elongated and elaborate fins.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Will co-exist with most other peaceful community fish but avoid keeping them with slow-moving long-finned fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Omnivorous, will take pellets and flake as well as live and frozen food.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish prefers a spacious tank with open swimming place and room to shoal. Some hiding places in plants would be appreciated. If the water conditions in the aquarium are toxic or unfit for the Flame Tetras, they will lose their bright colors.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An attractive little tetra, looks similar to the Black Skirt Tetra, but rather than the silver and black, they are silver and red, and not quite as high-backed.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )