Orchid Dottyback (Pseudochromis fridmani)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Fridmani Pseudochromis)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
8.2 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Orchid Dottyback, Fridman's Dottyback, Fridmani Pseudochromis
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- It is very difficult to visually sex this fish.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A reef-safe fish that is useful as it preys on mantis shrimp and bristleworms as well as other pest invertebrates.
- It can be territorial, and will chase other fish, so is best kept either one Pseudochromis to a tank or if there is to be more than one Pseudochromis in the tank it should be spacious and they should be added at the same time.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- A carnivorous fish, will readily take mysis shrimp and prepared foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires a mature tank with plenty of live rock and hiding places.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A small fish that takes refuge in caves in live rock. As it becomes more confident in its surroundings it will swim in open water and will chase other similar-sized fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A long vivid violet coloured body, a horizontal line crosses through the eye. The fins are violet-blue in colour, as are the eyes.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )