Gold Spot Pleco (Pterygoplichthys joselimaianus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Gold Spot Pleco)
Gold Spot Pleco
284 Litres (75 US G.)
25.4-30.5cm (10-12 ")
6.5 - 7.5
24 -29 °C (75.2-84.2°F)
- Gold Spot Pleco, L001, L022
Additional scientific names
- Glyptoperichthys joselimaianus
Origin[edit | edit source]
- South America: Tocantins River basin.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature females will appear wider when viewed from above.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful pleco, will live with other peaceful or semi-aggressive fish. Do not keep with fin nippers. Best to not keep with other plecos as they can be territorial when mature.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Provide plenty of vegetable matter. Spirulina pellets, Algae wafers, peas, etc. Requires driftwood to chew on. Feed occasionally with frozen Bloodworm and catfish pellets such as Carnivore pellets or Shrimp pellets.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once at night.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Appreciate bogwood in their environment and places to hide. A good filter is a must.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Is moderately active during the day and more active at night. Peaceful to other fish. Territorial to other plecos. Bottom feeder, but may eat off higher tank walls. Will out compete other catfish to food.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Dark brown body with large golden coloured spots. Often sold as a Common Pleco, can be differentiated by their colour pattern as other Commons do not have these gold spots, rather brown spots on a lighter background.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )