Platinum Tetra (Hemigrammus vorderwinkleri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
45 Litres (12 US G.)
3-4 cm (1.2-1.6")
6.5 - 7.2
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are more full in the belly than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Does best in acidic water. Keep in a spacious tank with some open swimming place as well as dense planting and hiding places. Bogwood is an ideal addition, as it will also help to create the "blackwater" conditions found in it's natural habitat.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- An active peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An attractive elongate rounded fish with translucent fins except for a black spot on the caudal peduncle, and a silver body. The lateral line is grey with the top half of the body being highly iridescent.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )