Rio Meta Tetra (Hyphessobrycon metae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Rio Meta Tetra
45 Litres (12 US G.)
3.5-4 cm (1.4-1.6")
5.8 - 6.5
22.8-27.8°C (73 -82 °F)
Origin[edit | edit source]
- South America: Orinoco River basin.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Tricky to visually sex. Mature females may be slightly plumper than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Will co-exist with most other peaceful community fish but avoid keeping them with slow-moving long-finned fish or fish that are large enough to eat it.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Omnivorous, should take pellets and flake as well as live and frozen food.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish prefers a spacious tank with open swimming place and room to shoal. Some hiding places in plants would be appreciated.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An attractive little tetra, its body is almost translucent with iridescent green-yellow on the body and a white band from the gill to caudal peduncle. Towards the caudal peduncle it is black in colour with some yellow colouration.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )