Lesser Bleeding Heart Tetra (Hyphessobrycon socolofi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Lesser Bleeding Heart Tetra
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5-6 cm (2-2.4")
6.0 - 7.0
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
- Lesser Bleeding Heart Tetra, Spotfin Tetra
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Females are fuller in the belly than males.
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in groups of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish, but avoid those with long finnage.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food as well as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with dense planting as well as hiding places and some open swimming space.
- An active peaceful shoaling fish.
- Can easily be mistaken and mis-labelled as the Bleeding Heart Tetra, but is in fact smaller and slightly different markings. The Lesser Bleeding Heart Tetra has shorter more rounded fins and the white colour only runs along the top of the fin in this fish.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )