Clown Pleco (Panaqolus maccus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from L104)
76 Litres (20 US G.)
10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
6.8 - 7.6
22.8-27.8°C (73 -82 °F)
- Clown Panaque, Clown Pleco, Ringlet Pleco, L104, L162
Additional scientific names
- Peckoltia vittata, Panaque maccus
Origin[edit | edit source]
- These little catfish are from Venezuela. They are found in the Apure and Caroni River basins. Their natural habitat is in areas with driftwood near riverbanks.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males grow elongated odontodes during the breeding season. Males develop noticeable odontodes along the dorsum as well.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful Pleco that will do well with other peaceful community fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most vegetarian foods and will graze on algae sometimes, supplement with blanched cucumber or courgette as well as algae wafers and spirulina. Must have driftwood in the tank at all times, since it prefers driftwood over algae.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Once a day. Preferably near lights out.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish needs lots of hiding places and bogwood is essential. It prefers dim lighting and good filtration.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Shy but peaceful. Can be a little territorial and will defend a patch of ground against other Plecos. Will eventually venture out to the front if you feed at the front and provide a dim cave or overhang at the front in which it can hide.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small Pleco with thin cream vertical bands.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )