L201 (Hypancistrus sp "L201")
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from L201)
Hypancistrus sp "L201"
76 Litres (20 US G.)
10.2-11.9cm (4-4.7 ")
5.8 - 7.5
25 -29 °C (77-84.2°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful towards tank mates, but may pose a threat to fry. Will be mildly territorial towards other Plecos, but as long as there's enough caves they should be fine.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This is a carnivorous Pleco, feed with sinking wafers and pellets, shrimp, bloodworm, brine shrimp and mussel.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once a day, preferably after lights out.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires a spacious well filtered mature tank with good water flow. Plenty of caves are a must have for this fish.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Primarily nocturnal carnivorous Pleco. Will spend most of the day hidden in caves.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An attractive Pleco. Typical Hypancistrus Pleco in shape, the body is a deep brown/black covered with neat round pale yellow spots. The belly is a pale. Can be confused with Hypancistrus inspector.