From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Luohan)
284 Litres (75 US G.)
30.5-40.6cm (12-16 ")
7.5 - 7.8
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
This animal is available captive bred
Origin[edit | edit source]
- This is a hybrid fish originating from Malaysia in the 1990s, the exact cross is unknown, but it's suspected to be a cross of Cichlasoma trimaculatum, Amphilophus citrinellus with possibly Cichlasoma festae and Vieja synspila also added to the mix. There are various names depending on the colour and breeding of the Flowerhorn, such as "King Kamfa"
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are exceptionally brightly coloured and display a Kok, sometimes the Kok is greatly exaggerated in size which makes the fish highly prized by collectors and breeders. Unlike many hybrids, the Flowerhorn is fertile.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This is a highly aggressive fish and is best kept in a species tank, one to a tank.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Carnivorous, will take most foods including Cichlid pellets, krill and brine shrimp. Keep the diet varied to avoid Hole in the Head disease.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefer a spacious tank with plenty of swimming space, usually kept in fairly sparse tanks with some rock work. The tank should have excellent filtration.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A highly aggressive and territorial Cichlid.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Large brightly coloured Cichlids with pointed anal and dorsal fins, usually predominantly pink/red with some blue, and dark blue markings down the flanks. These markings are what can make individual fish highly prized as they can sometimes resemble Chinese symbols, which, for those who follow the ancient Asian Feng Shui traditions, make these fish highly desirable and the fish themselves exceptionally expensive.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
|King Kamfa Flowerhorn in a store:||In a display tank:|