Gangetic leaffish (Nandus nandus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
170 Litres (45 US G.)
17.8-20.3cm (7-8 ")
6.5 - 7.5
22.8-27.2°C (73 -81 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Gangetic leaffish
Additional scientific names
- Bedula hamiltonii, Coius nandus, Nandus marmoratus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult, males may have darker colouring and larger fins.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This fish will prey on smaller fish in the tank. Best in a species tank or with other large robust fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Prefers live food in the form of insects, bloodworm and small crustaceans.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Nocturnal feeder, may be best to be fed after lights out.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Needs a spacious tank with hiding places in natural decor such as rocks and wood. Also needs the addition of 0.5-1% of marine salt to be in the best of health.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )