Firefish Goby (Nemateleotris magnifica)
From The Aquarium Wiki
76 Litres (20 US G.)
5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Firefish Goby, Orange Firefish, Common Firefish, Dartfish, Red Fire Goby
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- No known difference between sexes.
- This fish can be quite timid so keep with peaceful tank mates. Likes to be kept in mated pairs, but unmated pairs may be territorial towards one another.
- A carnivorous fish that prefers brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, will also accept some marine pellets or flakes. Their diet should be kept varied.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish must have plenty of secure hiding places in live rock. It requires an SG of 1.021 - 1.022. It is essential to make sure there is a secure lid as this fish can jump.
- Will never venture far from the rock work, will move in short bursts and flick it's dorsal fin up and down.
- This fish has an elongated pale body with a rounded head. It is pale from the front to mid-section where it then goes into bright orange and red. It has a long spiked dorsal fin and a small upturned mouth.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )