Four Spotted Merry Widow (Phallichthys quadripunctatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Four Spotted Merry Widow
76 Litres (20 US G.)
5.1-8.9cm (2-3.5 ")
7.0 - 8.0
20 -30 °C (68-86°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Endemic to Central America: Rio Sixaola, Costa Rica.
- Males have a large gonopodium.
- A peaceful livebearer. Must be kept in the typical livebearer ratio of at least 2-3 females per male. All male groups can be kept.
- Accepts most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Does best in a spacious and well filtered planted set up.
- A typical peaceful livebearer.
- The body of this fish is silver in colour with 4 (rarely 3 or 5) round or oval black blotches the size of the pupil.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )