Wedge-tailed Triggerfish (Rhinecanthus rectangulus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Rectangular Triggerfish)
681 Litres (180 US G.)
15.2-30.5cm (6-12 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Rectangular Triggerfish, Wedge-tailed Triggerfish, V-tailed Triggerfish, Humuhumunukunukuāpua'a
Additional scientific names
- Balistes rectangulus, Balistes echarpe
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Indo-Pacific: Red Sea south to East London, South Africa and east through Indonesia to the Marquesan Islands, north to southern Japan, south to Lord Howe Island.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to visually sex.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful, but can be mischievously aggressive occasionally.
Diet[edit | edit source]
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Reef tank
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Is known to rearrange rockwork at times; be careful to make sure tank mates are appropriate for the fish
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Unlike its close relative the Picasso Triggerfish, this fish has a black bar from the eye to the belly with a brown back, and a black wedge bordered by green lines at the tail.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )