Turquoise Severum (Heros efasciatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Red Shouldered Severum)
170 Litres (45 US G.)
17.8-25.4cm (7-10 ")
5.0 - 7.0
23 -29 °C (73.4-84.2°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Turquoise Severum, Red Shouldered Severum
Additional scientific names
- Chromys appendiculata, Chromys fasciata, Cichlasoma severum perpunctatum, Heros appendiculatus, Uarus centrarchoides
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- It is not possible to sex juveniles, but mature males will be more colourful and have extended dorsal and anal fins.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A reasonably peaceful large Cichlid, can be kept a little like Discus by way of temperament. Can be relatively peaceful but can still be a Cichlid. Should not be kept with bite-sized tank mates, nor with very aggressive or territorial fish as this Severum can be shy.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Not too fussy a feeder, they do well on a protein rich diet such as bloodworm as well as high quality Cichlid pellets.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires a spacious and well filtered tank with secure hiding places.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- In many ways a gentle giant but can be territorial at times.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )