Sand Sifting Sea Star (Archaster typicus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Sand Sifting Sea Star)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Sand Sifting Sea Star
757 Litres (200 US G.)
25.4-30.5cm (10-12 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Sand Sifting Sea Star
- Astropecten polycanthus
- The Sand Sifting Sea Star is reef compatible.
- Archaster typicus feeds by sifting through substrate. If there's not enough food it will starve, an unfortunately common occurrence in captivity.
- This starfish must have a soft substrate. In the wild it will sift through both sand and mud looking for food.
- Will sift through substrate looking for food.
- Dorsal side is medium grey with dark spots. Ventral side is white to cream in colour. Tube feet are transparent.