Red Fin Betta (Betta miniopinna)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Small Fin Fighter)
Red Fin Betta
38 Litres (10 US G.)
2.5-5.1cm (1-2 ")
7.0 - 7.5
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Red Fin Betta, Small Fin Fighter
- Endemic to Selangor, Malaysia.
- Males have more vibrant colouration and have a pointed dorsal fin.
- A Betta that can be housed in male/female pairs. A pair can be housed in 19 Litres (5 US G.), in groups they need at least 76 Litres (20 US G.). They can work in community set ups with peaceful tank mates.
- Should accept most foods including pellets and live/frozen food such as bloodworm.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- B.miniopinna comes from blackwater environments and should have soft acidic water that is well filtered.
- A generally peaceful Betta.
- Can be confused with Betta persephone, as B.miniopinna has red pectoral fins always, and B.persephone has red pectoral fins sometimes. The most reliable way to distinguish is that B.miniopinna is from Selangor, Malaysia, while B.persephone is from Johore, Malaysia. Closely related to the Wine Red Betta.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )