Scooter Blenny (Synchiropus ocellatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
7.6-12.7cm (3-5 ")
8.2 - 8.4
22 -28 °C (71.6-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Scooter Blenny, Scooter Dragonet, Ocellated Dragonet
Additional scientific names
- Callionymus ocellatus, Neosynchiropus ocellatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- The males elongated dorsal fin will be more colourful than females.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Best kept in a well established system with a good supply of copepods on live rock. Will only sometimes be weaned on to dry foods, may accept small live/frozen foods such as vitamin-enriched brine shrimp.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This fish has a mottled brown and white body with red highlights. It has a large and boxy head and uses it's pectoral fins to shuffle along the substrate.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )