Vampire Pleco (Leporacanthicus galaxias)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Vampire Pleco)
170 Litres (45 US G.)
20.3-25.4cm (8-10 ")
5.6 - 7.0
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Vampire Pleco, Galaxy Pleco, L029, Tusken Pleco
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Adult males have a much longer and broader head with small odontodes on the sides of head, more odontodes on pectoral fin spine and on the whole body, a bigger dorsal fin and normally a prettier colouration.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Can co-habit with smaller lively catfish, but avoid larger Plecos as there may be territory issues. Do not keep with very small fish as they may be viewed as food, can be kept with medium-sized Tetras and South American Cichlids.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including prawns, shrimp and snails. Will also take pellets, flake, and sinking catfish wafers.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Will hide during the day so hiding places amongst wood and rock is appreciated.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Not a fish that you will see out and about much. Nocturnal and secretive.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An attractive Pleco which is dark in colour with many small pin-pricks of yellow spots across the whole body and into the fins.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )