Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish (Forcipiger flavissimus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish)
Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish
265 Litres (70 US G.)
17.8-22.9cm (7-9 ")
8.2 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish, Forceps Fish
Additional scientific names
- Chelmo longirostris, Forcipiger longirostris
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Not compatible with very small shrimp species, should be safe with larger peaceful species. Keep with peaceful fish species only.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will eat small meaty foods such as mysis shrimp and other frozen foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed two to three times a day, keeping the diet varied.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful, bold and generally safe with most invertebrates. Quite hardy though somewhat prone to marine ich.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A high sided fish with an elongated snout. The back of the body up to the gill plates is vivid orange, the head is black from the dorsal to most of the eye, while the bottom half is white. The caudal and pectoral fins is translucent and there is a black spot on the anal fin.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )