Japanese Trapdoor Snail (Vivaparis malleatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Japanese Trapdoor Snail
38 Litres (10 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
6.5 - 8.0
20-29.4°C (68 -85 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Chinese mystery snail, Japanese trapdoor snail
- This species has a wide range in Southeast, from Japan to Vietnam through China.
- Requires close examination.
- This snail is good for cleaning the aquarium, and the pond.
- Omnivorous, will eat fish food leftovers, fish wastes, and will sift the substrate for foodstuff. Feed them algae if food is scarce for them to find.
- Freshwater aquariums will suffice. Ponds, including koi ponds, are also sufficient.
- A rather large snail with a reddish-green shell.
- This snail gives birth to live young. Juveniles make good pickings to snail eaters, if you do not want to raise young.