Flame Hawkfish (Neocirrhites armatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
10.16 cm 8.9-10.2cm (3.5-4 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Flame Hawkfish, Brilliant Hawkfish, Scarlet Hawkfish
- Found in the Pacific Ocean, predominantly in the Ryukyu Islands to the Line Islands and Mangaréva, south to the Great Barrier Reef and the Austral Islands; Caroline, Mariana, and the Wake islands in Micronesia.
- The Flame Hawkfish is generally peaceful towards other fish but it's best kept one to a tank and not with smaller fish nor invertebrates. It should be kept with other bottom dwellers with caution.
- More detail on diet...
- How often to feed, etc.
- A secure lid is a must as these fish are known to jump.
- Rather than swimming, the Flame Hawkfish prefers to perch on a rock to survey its surroundings.
- How to id the animal.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )